Tuesday, April 5, 2011




today is my birthday. today i turn a quarter of a century. the most i have ever lived.

25 days ago, i made a list of 25 things to do before i turned 25.  it was created in the love of lists and goals as also in the motivation to bring positivity and freshness and accomplishment into my new year.

here is my list. all completed by today april 5th, 2011 10:24 am

.support a friend i believe in  Gabriel
.send my brother his super belated birthday card
.have a fantastic trip with my friends -- MIAMI!
.feel the sand
.celebrate a silly holiday
.eat at a new restaurant
.drink at a new bar
.hear some live music
.blend & give some mixed music away
.bake something with my new mixer
.create something new! [...i'll show you soon.]
.apply for another job
.plan a road trip
.think about being a photographer again
.watch one new film
.cook one new recipe
.floss
.discover & hike a mountain
.paint
.plant your seeds--basil, eggplant, summer squash, & jalapano!
.sign up for another pottery class
.shrinkidinks!
.workout consistently
.talk to my sister
.put my savings bond in my savings account.


like any good list, some goals were made knowing they would happen, others were put on there in order to actually get me to do them, and others still were dreams and hopes.

and here i am, age twenty-five, feeling accomplished and encouraged and motivated.

if you know me at all, you know that birthdays are important to me. and time passage is significant to me. i get blown away by the way we grow older and days grow to months to years.  i find myself nostalgic about the things that will be missed and what was allowed to pass on by.  today is significant time maker in my life.

there is a beauty in gaining age, in adding years to yourself, mind, body, spirit. of course there is wisdom, but what i am more concerned with is the sight and perspective we each obtain [or ignore, i presume].  looking from the past and to the future.  its all pretty amazing, you know, life that is.


amen amen.



the photo at the top is a cactus at the alamo i saw at the end of last summer. still blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment