Wednesday, May 21, 2008

people steal and people get married.


so this weekend, one of my best friends got married. it was amazing and beautiful to be apart of celebrating such an incredible relationship and to be able to see God so clearly in each step that they have taken.  seriously.  an honor to know them. i love the way that life plays out beautifully.  it was a weekend of best friends, laughter, and a whole lot of love. 

yet there was a downside to the fairy tale weekend...
thursday night, after a wonderful dinner at the cheesecake factory, the bride-to-be and all of her bridesmaids headed to cafe intermezzo. 
having all of our stuff in our cars for the entire weekend caused us to be great targets for robbery. 
we walk out to our cars and see two broken windows. 
missing items:
my macbook
two handbags
my ipod
all my jewelry
journal from the past four months
jumpdrive
season one of the office
computer cords and such
gift cards
and all kinds of other sentimental stuff


all my photos. my music. my art projects. gone.  the irreplaceable last four months of life as it was recorded by hand or via digital media. gone. 
my life as far as technology goes. gone. 


this blog will probably be lacking for a while. 
i am without computer indefinitely. 
my digital life is really non-existent at this point.  
my life is all paper now. yet the paper has kind  of lost it's glamour. 
 
i'm feeling a bit lost to say the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment