Monday, February 2, 2009

a year ago.

i try to avoid being to "too honest" most of the time out of fear, yet i realize that is working against everything i believe in. so here you go.


a year ago today, i lost my best friend.
my heart still aches the same as it has the past 12 months.
she taught me so much about life, simply by the way she lived.
she taught me what love looks like in life. what friendship means. what jesus looks like. the beauty of sharing life with another person. what freedom is.
most of what i live my life for today i learned from her. and that's true.

it is strange to live life without her. knowing that we work for the same purpose. she has made me live better.
her life touched my life.
i miss her more than i can put into words
but i have learned that i cannot stop and sit in my hole like i would prefer.

life is to be lived. that i know. that i learned. that i can see.
i will live out this life in hopes that i could show someone what she showed me. that i could be half the friend she was to me. that i could be centered.

i have a lot more to say that i cannot put into words.

take this for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment